3.12.2005

cheese is good!

hi! it's saturday, it's spring break, woo!
i bought cheeses today at Surdyk's! it is a liquor store w/ a cheese shop. it rocks! the staff are helpful, patient, and nice and let you taste test cheeses! this poor young women put up with having to unwrap at least 6 different types of cheese for me to try. i wish i had more money. i ended up with mini-slabs of sottonocere w/ truffle, cave aged gruyere, aged prima donna gouda, red leicester w/ wasabi and french onion, and 1/2 lb of cheap dill havarti for sandwiches. the rest will be for snacking.

last night i went to see the Belles of Skin City, Mel Gibson and the Pants, and the Blind Shake (also the Drama Club, but I missed their set) in the 7th St. Entry. Awesome! esp. B. of S.C.! I am not so good at describing musics, but they kinda remind me of Tom Waits... I've heard at least one of them used to be in a band called Kentucky Gag Order(found mp3 here!), unfortunately I never saw/heard them while they were around. Planning on finding out more about 'em though. MG&P have a song about Ed Gein that I really like... can't recall alot of lyric offhand but a line of the chorus that sticks in my head is "Wisconsin'll make you feel fear, boy". They didn't play it last night though :( . They have a c.d. avbl... I guess they're kind of hip hop/electronica, the mc has a really good style/flow in my opinion.

thursday night was the aseverawesome Flogging Molly show @ First Ave. sweat covered mosh pit mania. My Mom wasn't able to come though, she was too worn out from the four days of chemo treatments. :( My bro and his housemate ended up coming from WI and a friend joined me, so all tix still got used. we made a video tape for mom, getting all the band members to say hi. I got to get on transferring the video(it's actually on mini dv tape) to the computer so I can put in a format she can watch, and mail it to her. and Flogging Molly will be back in August to play a free Irish festival in St. Paul!!! Mom'll definitely be feeling better by then! :) I enjoyed Hot Water Music too, and the little bit I caught of the Riverboat Gamblers set.

there are a fair amt. of shows coming up i'm excited about, i think i'll post a lil' list one of these days. i been listening to Deerhoof a lot over the last couple days and they are coming, nxt month I think.

1 comment:

bloody christ said...

damn, thnx! think i met you at s.a., btw, my friend was purchasing hot dogs, i think you were perusing sandwiches. she showed you the b.o.s.c. sticker i'd given here earlier... um... yeah... etc.

so, hi! thnx! looking forward to a c.d. from you guys.

at least a couple people have spoken well of you guys on tcpunk.com forum's also, f.y.i.

and by all means suggest some bands! :)