10.19.2005

yay. more miscellaneous problems to have nervous breakdown over.

gee, when am i gonna have something pleasant and happy to post here? well, i'm excited about working on secondary webpage for links, and may work on getting more shite plastered onto interweb hither and thither...


so, i'm terrified of going to work this morning. it's 3:45. i work at 8. this is a.m.

see, i am sitting up all nite in a u of mn computer lab b/c if i go home and sleep, i'll probably be late for work. i have been late for work the majority of mornings(m & w) since the beginning of semester. am on the verge of getting fired. i am part of tech support in u of mn's video production studio(s) in the theatre dept. the instructor of the class which i provide tech support on m and w mornings is quite irritated with my chronic tardiness and has tried talking to the guy in charge of the studios about firing me... luckily i have kept at least somewhat on top of talking to guy in charge myself and assuring him i do not intend to make a habit of this tardiness... so he's giving me one more chance, i guess. if i piss off the instructor of class i do tech support for again, i will likely be terminated entirely from the studio crew. i don't take the tardiness lightly, i'm not being late on purpose, it's very frustrating. it just seems like the gods like throwing stones in my path or something. of course, if i don't take control of my destiny instead of blaming it on bad luck, i guess i'm fucked. i dunno... but it seems that no matter how much i try to make it on time, something happens. i have diarrhea, get a nosebleed, take too long in the shower, get stuck waiting for a roommate to get out of the bathroom, can't find my keys/clean socks/some other important thing... aagh. and now i am scared that even if i am totally on time, the instructor is going to tell me to get lost and i'll get fired... or something... i am scared! even more frustrating is the fact that i really like the guy! of course, he basically likes me too... we kind of have a rapport, but he can't tolerate the unprofessionalism of my constant tardiness.
and of course i love my job!

so now i don't know what the heck to do. my boss gave me a chance to just withdraw from the shift when my tardiness first became an issue and i chose to try and stick it out and actually did show up on time for a couple weeks... but now shite's going all wonky again. if i'd given better excuses when it first came up, or asked to drop the shift, i might not be on the verge of getting fired. and now it probably looks terrible to start whining about all the stress i'm under and chronic stomach woes and whatnot... but i couldn't help it, i ended up sending an email whining about such things(tho hopefully not in too whiney of a tone... just over-explanatory i suppose) to my boss anyhow... and stressing how much i value and love my job there. jeez... i swear i stopped just short of telling him he'd be responsible for my nervous breakdown if he fired me :( ... ;) well, i don't think it was quite that bad...

i really don't want to lose this shift either, in addition to liking working with the instructor and enjoying his class, i really like my coworkers on that shift ... crappity crap...

1 comment:

bloody christ said...

thnx! actually, he does like me... but it's a job and he wants the crew to act thusly- professionally. I agree with that, but have been having a shitty time getting it together in the mornings. I've decided to just shoot for getting to campus by 7, and seriously not half-assedly - no snooze button. That should work. And give me a free morning hour to hang in the art bldng 'puter lab all by myself and work on shite b4 heading o'er to work. Hopefully all will be well. Thnx for yer kind thoughts/advice.